Oven connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just brought a house that has a Hotpoint SH33K oven built in in the kitchen. The spec sheet on this oven states that the power supply cable should be 3 x 1.5mm.

Max current draw for this oven is 2400W

The previous owner has this oven hooked up to a fused (13a) spur off the 2.5mm t&e kitchen ring main.

I am suspicious that this is acceptable?

Or, should I run a separate circuit in with 6mm cable and a suitable cooker switch?

Obviously, if it is OK then I don't particularly want to run a new circuit in if I don't have to

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Although the regulations advise that any cooker - oven etc with a rated power over 2k should be on its own circuit - given your circumstances I would leave it as it is.
Ovens rarely work at full power for very long anyway.
Introducing a new circuit will require all sorts of notifications, possible changes to your consumer unit and a little bit of mess - just not worth it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back