Oven not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Zanussi ZBF 860 X oven. A few times in the last couple of weeks whilst on it has just tripped and turned itself off. After 5 or so mins it comes back on and seems ok.

Tonight, it tripped again but now it is not heating up.

Is this the element thats gone?

Sponsored Links
what has tripped?

and it may be the element or it may be the stat, i would go for element first

what has tripped?

and it may be the element or it may be the stat, i would go for element first

Thanks for the reply. Bit of an update, I tested the oven again about an hour after it initially tripped and it seems ok now.

When I say tripped, it hasn't tripped the RCD in the main CU, it has just tripped itself. i.e. cuts all power, no clock or anything. After several minutes it comes back on.

It's as if it is getting too hot, tripping out, then when cool coming back on again.

The safety stat is tripping out.
Either overheating or safety stat is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Simple enough job.
Only problem is actually diagnosing what is causing the stat to trip.
Is it, faulty stat? faulty circulation fan? faulty cooling fan? bad connection on wiring? or a faulty element?

If either fan runs too slowly, or not at all, this will trip the stat.
If the element gets too hot, this will trip the stat (possibly both stats).

Simple enough job.
Only problem is actually diagnosing what is causing the stat to trip.
Is it, faulty stat? faulty circulation fan? faulty cooling fan? bad connection on wiring? or a faulty element?

If either fan runs too slowly, or not at all, this will trip the stat.
If the element gets too hot, this will trip the stat (possibly both stats).

Thanks. I have read another post on usenet that it could be dust on the cooling fan or something which reduces it effectiveness cooling all the electronics. The oven does have a vent about the controls which emits warm air. How would I go about cleaning these vents to allow better airflow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back