Overflow constantlay running

GTL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing this for my daughter whom lives in a Council Association house.

Problem.

Over the pass two years the overflow from the attic tank has been more than dripping but not flowing with as many as ten plumbers inspecting the problem and the ballcock has been replaced three times. Safe to say then that the problem lies not with the ballcock.

The house heating and domestic hot water is run on a multifuel inset fire connected to an indirect cylinder and my hunch is that a hole has developed on the coil within the cylinder allowing water level to rise to the expansion tank and overflow.

The dripping from the overflow occurs whether the heating is on or off, though occasionally stops when a volume of domestic water is used, but not always.

Thank you in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Could be but could also be a passing mixer tap or shower nrv, try turning off the mains water and see if the dripping stops.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back