Overheating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi first time post so I hope I'm not repeating something.My hot water is coming out of the taps at 90 degrees with the tank stat set at 50! I changed the stat for a new one but does not seam to have solved the problem.There is no electrical current going to the stat although there is current at the junction where stat,2 way valve and mains,I think, join up.What could be wrong? System is fired from a Baxi Bermuda back boiler.Many thanks. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
There is no electrical current going to the stat although there is current at the junction where stat,2 way valve and mains,I think, join up.
:confused:

do what ?

what is it a y, s plan system ?

I'm not sure of what type of plan it is but I think it is a pumped system not gravity.As I said there is no current at the tank stat.There are 5 wires running from the 2 way valve,3 from the stat and 2 from the mains.From the mains the red wire goes to the brown from the stat and the black goes to the blue wire from the valve.The rest of the wires from the valve are thus:White to earth from the stat,Yellow to blue from stat,Earth on its own terminal and a red wire cut short and not connected.Any ideas,thanks again. :(

motorised valve is passing allowing heated water to pass to cylinder coil when heating is on

Sponsored Links
Is your immersion heater turned on?

motorised valve is passing allowing heated water to pass to cylinder coil when heating is on
Yes that was the problem. A new sunvic 2 way valve fitted,the old one was stuck half way. Thanks for the advice. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back