Overheating ravenheat silver star

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a ravenheat silver star 100 the problem is that after its been filled up to 1half bar
after half an hr it reaches say 2 2half bar there is constant running water comeing out of the safety pipe i was told that the safety valve was faulty had that changed no deference
also when its sat at 1and ahalf bar and nothing running ie hot water or heating the pressure bar goes up on its own all vales on the heating side eg the filling loop is turned off and disconeted ,but it still rased to 3bar or just before 3 bar and water running thro' the safety pipe had 4 plumbers to it so far and ravenheat are not interested as its just gone out of warranty
need help pls [/b]

Sponsored Links
had 4 plumbers to it so far and ravenheat are not interested as its just gone out of warranty
need help pls

You need a heating engineer that actually can "Engineer" ..... Now thats a toughie ....... Try telling em they ain't gonna get paid unless they fix it :eek:

Might help to focus their minds a bit ;)

had 4 plumbers to it so far and ravenheat are not interested as its just gone out of warranty
need help pls

You need a heating engineer that actually can "Engineer" ..... Now thats a toughie ....... Try telling em they ain't gonna get paid unless they fix it :eek:

Might help to focus their minds a bit ;)

Or that may make them think

"mmm I am so busy at the mo do I really need the hassle of this chap with a ravenheat"

and focus thier minds to foxtrot oscar to the next job

;)

Pends when ya tells em :LOL:

Well I can't actually fix this...... But heres ya bill anyway ........ K'off Heato shove ya bill :evil:

Sponsored Links
If it is disconnected from the cold mains filling loop then the only explanation I can think of is that there is a hole in the plate heat exchanger, assuming this has one, so the water is passing to the system side.

Try turning off the cold mains inlet to the boiler and see if the pressure increase stops.

i tryed what you said gas4you and it stopped so its passing water from the mains side what can i do to get it sorted??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back