Overrun Thermostat of Potteton Profile 60e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing the overrun thermostat of this boiler and the old part number CL6-P1501 and the wires on this red goes on Live, B goes on brown, and N on blue and white.
The replacement part number is 404505 K36 on this the terminals are diffferent, and for the wiring it says 2, 3 and 4. So I do not know which wire goes where. can somebody help us???

:(

Sponsored Links
are you sure you have the right stat?

and out of interest why are you changing it?

I am definately sure I have the correct replacement. they do not make same part, but the replacement part is meant to be right, and I have checked on the computer and at the plumbing shop that its the right one.

I have changed the boiler thermostat and overrun thermostat because my boiler is the overheat thermostat keeps coming on and cutting off the boiler!! I have to keep resetting the overheat thermostat every 5 minutes.

Thanks

I only ask cos I have only ever had to change two of them.

have you checked for magnetite/sludge

have you checked the pump?

Sponsored Links
I have drained the system quite a few times and the water is clean and clear. I have also changed the hot water tank a few years ago, and in the hot water tank there was no sludge at all anywhere.

when i put the central heating on all the radiators gets hot and after for a while the overheat thermostat button comes on, but on the hot water as soon as the boiler comes on after a few minutes the thermostat button comes on.
We have changed the BOILER THERMOSTAT and PUMP OVERRUN THERMOSTAT, and PUMP, and 3 WAY VALVE MOTOR AS WELL as still get the same problem.

Could have wired it incorrectly.. the overrun thermostat has been replaced with another model.. and I do not have any instructions with it, just the numbers 2 , 3 and 4.. on the item. What wires do I connect where???

why are you using 2 threads for same prob, it gets very confusing and advice is contradictory because you are not sure what you have said/done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back