Painting Bathroom Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom is down stairs, over twenty years ago i knocked three rooms into one to extend the bathroom and in the process i had to patch up the ceiling. it was plasered leaving a artex design finnish witch is fine but I keep getting mould/mildew coming through, would a conventional kitchen and bathroom paint cover this. or would i have to treat the mould/mildew first. if so with what???

paul in anticipation...

Sponsored Links
You need to sort the existinf mould problem first then find out what the cause is..(probably air circulation)

Scrub a mix of 4 parts water to one part bleach into it and leave overnight...then rinse it down.

Then paint...you can use more or less what you want really...silk acrylic eggshell or satin will enable the surface to be wiped over easier if the problem comes back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back