Painting question

T

teddyb

Hi

If plywood is given 2 good coats of primer undercoat, can it then be painted with the same emulsion as used on the walls?

Thanks for looking and helping ... :)

Sponsored Links
no reason why not, i've done it in the past, however it is a very porous material. a good trick is to mix pva glue with equal parts water and paint that over the material and wait to dry fully, this will prevent the paint from being absorbed, and you may not even need a primer, or maybe only one coat.
hope this helps

Sorry, can't agree with Chunky, PVA has no place in preparation for decorating (I can see the old PVA debate starting all over again!).

2 coats of primer/undercoat should be fine for what you're wanting. To be on the safe side you could dilute your first emulsion coat by about 10% but I doubt this would be necessary.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that! I hadn't started when I checked in again, so, with 54aardvark's longer history of advising (no disrespect intended to Chunkymonkey), I shall go with that suggestion. Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back