Painting Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have just applied my first coat of tile paint onto my kitchen tiles. I left to dry all afternoon but when i went back to check it there are several runs down the tiles.

Is there a technique to remove these before i apply my second coat? Should i sand the first coat down a little before applying the second?

Any advice would be great,

David

Sponsored Links
Any runs that are fresh will still be quite soft, and if you sand them at this point, you could end up with the paint peeling off over a wider area.
If I were you I would try wiping them with a cloth and white spirit. If that doesn't work you could try scraping them with just a stanley blade. The problem with this is that you will be left with a paint edge that needs to be feathered in, which on tiles could be tricky.
It sounds a potch, but you may be better served stripping back each tile that has a run and blending in along the grout lines.
I don't know what you used to apply the paint but a foam mini roller is usually better than a brush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back