Paintmate explosion!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some years ago Black and Decker brought out an ingenious device called a Paintmate, essentially a battery powered paint holding backpack with a long pole which pumped paint upto a variety of nossles to suit your every painting need.
My friend Damian asked me to assist him with decorating his kitchen and proudly donned his paintmate to look a bit like something out of ghostbusters.
He assured me it would be easy to use and very quick to paint the ceiling with, so primed with white paint he switched it on. Unfortunately he hadn't cleaned it out last time he had used it and so the pressure grew accompanied with a sound similar to a hoover with a blocked pipe untill with a loud pop it gave way and started to pump paint down Damians back.
Spinning round like the chap from Alien when he gets covered with acid Damian screamed like a girl "get it off me, Get it off me".
Once I had controlled my laughter it dawned on me that the cleaning of the floor would take both of us much longer than if we had painted the ceiling in the normal manner.

Moral: Gadgets are good but not always best.

Sponsored Links
joansill said:
Hi….

I am a producer at CBS in Philadelphia and I am looking for a homeowner who had a DIY disaster..I googled around and found your website and hope you may know someone to recommend I contact in Philly, its suburbs, Jersey and Delaware.

Thanks so much….i need the info quickly if you have it.

Joan Sill
CBS 3
Philadelphia
215-238-4681

Chap in the White House had a DIY disaster Did Irag Yesterday

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back