Pale seams on vinyl paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently hung some pale lilac vinyl paper. (Kids Art, manufactured by Encore). At close range, the seams are excellent, as invisible as you would wish for. However, if you stand back and view from the other side of the room, there is a definate pale area, about 1" to 2" wide, down each seam, very very noticable. I am convinced that this is not surplus paste, I was very careful to avoid that! Could it be that the paper is taking a long time to dry and is drying at the seams first? How long should vinyl paper take to full dry at this time of year? It has been hung for almost a week now. Am I being over-anxious or should I be contacting my paper supplier?

Any comments more than welcome!

Sponsored Links
i have seen this before on jobs that i have been asked to put right.you will probably find that there is a fault in the shading of the paper.go back to where you bought it and ask there advice,but if this is the case,it looks like it will have to come off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back