Panasonic DVD recorder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder Type DVR-EX77.
When Playing back a pre-recorded programme. the sound is overlaid with the sound to which the recorder is tuned.
Anyone any idea how I can rid myself of this annoying Fault.

Sponsored Links
I presume your machine is a DMR-EX77 and that DVR is just a typo.

I'm sorry to say that this isn't a fixable problem. It is to do with a chip that has gone faulty on the main board, and because of the small size of it and the number of connections (approx 100) it isn't possible to remove and successfully replace with a new one. Have a read of this thread here

There is a workaround solution. It doesn't fix the problem but is does make the recordings playable: Before playback, set the recorder's tuner to a TV channel that has no broadcast signal. This will remove the source of the audio interference. To make life a little easier, once you have found a suitable channel then use the recorder's channel sorting menu and swap that channel for channel 0. That way you only have to press 0 before playing back a recording rather than less memorable multi-digit number.

[Did we help? If so, please use the THANKS button to mark any and all posts as useful for the benefit of other readers in the future. It's free to use and and takes just a second to do, thanks :)

Find the THANKS button by hovering your mouse over text "Multi-quote Quote" at the lower right hand portion of each helpful post.]

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back