Part P and Commercial Property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wanted to get an opinion on Part P and a commercial property with a domestic property that is attached to the premises. such as flat above a shop etc. Just curious as to how you guys/gals play this, especially with regards to Inspection and Testing.

btw I work for a large Electrical company and want to test the water, so to speak.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1.3.2 scope of part p
(i) dwellings and flats
(ii)dwellings and business premises that have a common metered supply
for example shops and public houses with a flat above with a common meter

(iii) common access areas in blocks of flats such as corridors and staircases
(iv) shared amenities of blocks flats such as laundries and gymnasiums
hope this helps

so if the flat has it's own meter, then only the flat comes under part P..
if the flat shares a meter with the shop then the flat AND the shop come under part P..

Jock, thanks...
I will have to take a longer read of Part P and decipher the part you mentioned.

Most if not all of the properties I have come across so far have had their own supply and meter. I am just concerned that I may be working on stuff that I am not registered to. As we also do any remedial work that may be required after doing the testing.

Not sure how Part P works with regards companies that mostly do commercial/retail work. i.e. can a company be Part P registered (or need to be) to work on Domestic stuff if it happens to be part of a business. As the business may let the property out to non employees.

Sponsored Links
doesn't matter whether it's let out to staff or not.. it's still domestic if they live there..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back