Part-P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

A member of my family had electrical work carried out on a flat in 2010, the installer was Part-P registered and said they had registered the work with the relevant body and had sent off for a Part-P certificate. After i've been through all the paper work i've noticed that no Part-P certificate was received. I was wondering which body i should contact to find out if the property was ever registered and if the certificate was ever issued. And can a new certificate be re-issued?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Contact the electrician who did the work in the first instance.

If she cannot be located, go to the compatantpersons website and see what scheme she belongs to and contact them.

Hope this helps

Hi,

There is an invoice and quote for the work carried out plus a GasSafe certificate was issued for the gas work.

I was just wondering if i could contact the body who would issue to certificate to find out first if it was ever registered before i contact the installer and confront them as to why no certificate was received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its the other way round. If you want assistance from the original installer then (IMO) it would be better to
1. Contact the original installer and ask why no building regulations certificate of compliance has been received (it may be a simple paperwork error - like the wrong postcode)
if no progress
2. Contact the registration scheme that the installer belongs to and ask them to check the notification records for the property. (They are by no means perfect).
if no prgress
3. Call the LABC as say the work had been done but no certificate of compliance has been received. Do they have anything on their files?>

That way you'll know who hasn't done their bit.

A Certificate of Compliance looks soemthing like this:

Thanks for all the advice, i'll contact the original installer and see why nothing has been received.

Hopefully it will be a simple admin error.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back