party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my daughter is doing up her cottage, and has found that the neighbour has put their toilet waste pipe throught the party wall and has now only the plaster between her house and theirs, could anybody tell me this is lawful. She has not seen the neighbour to talk to about it as it is a rental property which is empty at the moment.

Sponsored Links
No it isn't as half the wall belongs to your daughter. Tell them to remove it and make good.

On the face of it, i agree with joe. However, perhaps you could post a pic of what is there, inside the property and outside.
I say this because i've encountered shared soil and vent pipes for adjoining properties, where, quite legally, one WC discharged thro the other property's wall.
Also, i'm a bit confused as to how you can see the soil pipe with plaster in the way?

Sponsored Links
On the face of it, i agree with joe. However, perhaps you could post a pic of what is there, inside the property and outside.
I say this because i've encountered shared soil and vent pipes for adjoining properties, where, quite legally, one WC discharged thro the other property's wall.
Also, i'm a bit confused as to how you can see the soil pipe with plaster in the way?

this is definately not a shared soil and vent pipe. the soil pipe from my daughters en-suite runs along the party wall in her back room, this was boxed in until my daughter took part of it away to get to the back of the toilet in order to put a new one in, when she took away the boxed area nearest the toilet outlet she could see the neighbours pipe was through the wall, no plaster covering it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back