Partywall agreement given to the neighbour but went completely unnoticed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have given a partywall agreement to my neighbour for a chimney breast removal. He seems very nice when you talk to him but he well know for being a .............. in the area.

I promised me to sign it off after checking with his architect but he completely ignored me. This now the third almost forth week with no answer.

As I have meanwhile changed mind and will add a loft conversion. What do you suggest?

Shall I try to handle again? i`m sure will be unnoticed and this will cause a lot of delay.

Any experience on that?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A PWN would relate to specific works to or adjoining a party wall. If you have changed the description of works which would also affect the PW, then a new PWN would need to be served.

Bear in mind there are time periods for issuing and then neighbour’s responding to PWN’s.

A PWN would relate to specific works to or adjoining a party wall. If you have changed the description of works which would also affect the PW, then a new PWN would need to be served.

Bear in mind there are time periods for issuing and then neighbour’s responding to PWN’s.

If I'm not wrong he was supposed to responde in 2 weeks time and after almost 4 still nothing from him. I will adjust description and serve again

Sponsored Links
Correct and if they haven’t responded, a dispute is said to have been raised and you should look to appoint an agreed surveyor to draw up an award. You as the building owner would normally be expected to absorb the costs so if you can put some pressure on the neighbour to respond, that will save time and money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back