patterned concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some companies coming around this weekend to give me estimates for a patterned or embossed concrete drive. It is a large area the length of the house (although only a modest semi detatched) and around the back, are there any downsides to this I need to be aware of and roughly how much would I expect to pay per square metre. A friend had one much the same approx 3 years ago and it only cost her £3000 but people keep telling me to expect to pay double or even triple this figure.

I am also expecting an estimate for ashphalt, I know this is not a popular choice but my neighbour has one edged with block paving and it does look good!

Many in this area had paved drives done over the last 5 years and they are all sinking weed infested and only looked good for a short while put me off rather have plain concrete!

Sponsored Links
my parents had a quote for their drive to be done it was the one they lay then stamp afterwards with a pattern, as next door had it done and it looked really nice, their drive is about 30 foot by 20 foot ( it goes across the front of the house ) and they where quoted £7000 for it................. :eek:

So my dad went to the local builders merchants and got some nice flags and stoned the edges for about 100.00 :cool:

Yeah it's only concrete isn't it.

They stamp the pattern in by walking on rubber mats then throw a dye on in powder form which liquifies when it hits the wet cement, then varnish.

My neighbour had one done I watched them, the colour was only on the surface and the protective coating was coming off in less than a year, doesn't look to pretty now.

It was supposed to be recoated every year but the coating even to do it yourself is very expensive so it isn't exactly maintenance free is it? but then what is, just seems the best thing around at the moment I won't go higher than £5000 though I'm a pensioner, won't have to last long to see me out!!! could go for ashphalt.

can look nice if done well. you need to ask what peperation they are doing, what depth of sub base and thickness of concrete. Ask where the control joints are going in as well. Can get slippy when its wet. Get a few quotes. Theres always block paving as an alternative.

Sponsored Links
Guy came round he was recommended by a neighbour done a few in the village I can go and look at.

About £72.50 a square meter would cost £4500 for 62 square meter

THERE IS A COMPANY IN SCOTLAND WHICH DOES THE PATTERNED EFFECT BUT USES ASHPALT INSTEAD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back