PCB/Gas valve

Sponsored Links
Wrong. Again.

If you say so,

How come a boiler had three replacement PCBs in less than 24 months. The fault that was damaging the PCB was shorted turns in the gas valve solenoid. The minimalistic fault finding chart for the boiler only gave a DC resistance for the solenoid, the DC measured resistance of the solenoid was correct. Hence the gas valve was not faulty.

AC impedance measurements ( never mentioned in the fault finding chart ) confirmed there was a fault in the coil. ( suspected as such since the PCB's all had the same damage to the driver for the gas valve. ).

I would suggest you haggle to pay trade for at least one pcb, the second one shouldn’t be the complete unit including housing but just the module.

From another thread, (boiler-sounded-like-chugging-then-stopped-working)

Yes he used his multi-metre and said the resistance on the fan was reading 9 and didn't know if that was good and would check with WB. When he came back the next time he told me 9 meant it was bad and should be closer to 300 as told to him by WB

If the fault finding charts are so good then why did this happen

Or maybe the fault finding chart wasn't available.....

Sponsored Links
Benny , you say that you are a man that doesnt want for means, why do you not start up a company and go and do all these repairs or upgrades that you presume that you are an expert in ??? I know because you havent a feckin clue

Interested why you think what bernie suggested wouldn't be the solution?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back