Pebbledash and cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all new here.
I've scoured the forum and found that I can remove pebbles from my pebbledashing with a shovel or spade, happy happy :).
Would I be alright just sticking cladding to the render thats left or would I need to remove that aswell.
The house is a timber construct and the render appears to go straight onto wood.
Also, the reason I'm even thinking about this is after a heavy rainfall recently, where the out-house roof connects to the main building it still appears damp, this is also true down the wall from the edge of the out-house roof down to the floor, it's still damp and it appears to extend along one spur if you will about half way down as though water has flowed down in a wee rivulet :). Is this possible and would a fresh exterior surface render this ?
Thanks for your time in this matter :)

Sponsored Links
strip back to the timber,insulate if possible,line with exterior ply,cover with underslaters felt,then clad. good strong job,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back