Peeling Paint in Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I actually came back on to post about another topic, but thought it would be worth posting this as well.

Our house is nearly 8 years old, and built by a national builder.

About 1 year ago, the paint started flaking above the shower.
To cut a long story short, but the time I finished sanding etc, I was left with quite a large area with no paint.
I purchased the paint (I can't remember the name and can't check this moment) that you put on over plaster before painting. In fact, I put a few coats on. Repainted then numerous coats, waiting for the paint to dry each time before repainting (it was the same dulux trade paint that the builders used).
However, the odd crack in the paint kept appearing, so I kept sanding, priming (if thats the word) and painting.
It now seems to be cracking and about to peel again.
I now seem to need a new way of doing things. The current way just isnt working.

Are there any paints and methods I need to be doing/buying?

Should I really be using bathroom paint for the ceiling and just repaint the whole lot?

Will I need to get the whole bathroom reskimmed and painted?

I will admit the orignal area did remove quite a depth of paint, so whilst it looks ok close up and not noticable form a distance, I know it is there which is annoying :evil:

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back