People that ask for advice and then ignore it....

My wife often asks my advice on clothes then does the opposite.
"Should I buy this?" "No". She buys it
"Should I buy this?" "Yes". "I must look like a tart" and she doesn't buy it.

Sounds like you good lady has you sussed.
She knows you like the tarty look !

Sponsored Links
[

Yes but it's not intuitive and it's making things work with each other and having a seperate gateway

Only way I can see it works is to have the mihome gateway and energenie trv's, and it's not as good a setup as a proper proprietary kit similar to the likes of vaillants own gear or the wiser or the evohome, or even the tado.

The energenie trv's cannot call for heat and the apps not very good. It works to a fashion but not as one would wish.
For reference, i have some energenie stuff and its just not reliable. You can set it up and get it working properly, and then it'll just stop working for no reason.

For example,I have some outside lights on Energenie light switch that about a year ago was controlled by a timer run through their web portal. I've deleted the timer in both the web portal and the app but every time i power down the hub the lights start operating on the timer again, even though no timer exists. I have to recreate the timer and then delete it again to stop them operating on a timer, but every time i power down the gateway, the timer reimposes itself again.

Sponsored Links
When you give an opinion or advice, others see thiss as a statement of fact in direct opposite of their own opinion and start getting squirrelly.

In a society where tolerance is being enforced rather than encouraged, we are becoming less so.

Having a difference of opinion means you have thought about it and thinking is dangerous. Coming to conclusions that goes against the flow, especially so.

So, it's not the what the recipient does with advice or opinion that is the problem, it is that advice or opinion is being offered. If that advice goes against the flow, it shorts out the listeners brain.

People very rarely look past the cover if a book. If you offer to show them the contents, it's too much for them.

That's the joke.
Was all of your poat a joke?
Or just the logically impossible bits? Sorry, that was a superfluous question. I should have scrutinised all of your post before asking.

All these examples people give about asking advice but not taking it arise because of an imprecise definition of what "advice" means.

Asking someone if it is safe to walk on the ice, and then falling through it, is not asking for advice, it is asking for an opinion.

All these examples people give about asking advice but not taking it arise because of an imprecise definition of what "advice" means.

Asking someone if it is safe to walk on the ice, and then falling through it, is not asking for advice, it is asking for an opinion.

Back