Peugeot 206 indicator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a problem with my indicators. The stalk itself is a little loose but also randomly when driving around the head lights will come on, and my indicators stop working. Its easy enough to get them to work again just by fiddling with the stalk backwards a touch and the headlights will go off and the indicators work again.

Phoned up a breaker's yard and I can get the part quite easily but the problem is there are different types that look the same so I need the part/unit number to identify which one I need without taking a risk and purchasing the wrong one. I have tried a few website posts to see if they shows the unit/part number.

My car is an 2003 Peugeot 206 SW XT 1.4 HDI Estate. Does anyone know where I can find the part number, preferably without taking it apart to find it on the unit itself? I have been told by a couple that they come altogether and I just cant buy the stalk. And they are quite expensive buying them new and for a car that age I don't really want to buy parts new as its just not worth it.

Either way, many thanks help for any information you can give me..

Craig

Sponsored Links
These can be an absolute minefield, I'm sorry to say - probably a Peugeot main dealer can tell you the genuine part number from the registration, but what's the chance of you removing the switch and taking it with you to the breaker, and matching it up from there?
If its the complete unit you need, the new price is horrendous - with luck you'll just need the stalk and module itself. Try micksgarage.co.uk and see what they can do?
John :)

Peugeot.jpg
Craig
These switches are a complete minefield! With the vehicle description given there may be quite a few different switches. Depends on which options are fitted to vehicle such as with/without rain sensor, fog lights, stability control and so list goes on - all different.

If you either post up VIN number, or PM it to me, I will look it up in the Peugeot 'ServiceBox' program and it should come up with the correct part number for your specific vehicle.

Edit: Quick look for your vehicle, as described has almost 10 options!

Last edited:
Thank you both for your help. If you can I will see if I can find the vin number tomorrow and I will message you.
You are both right it is a minefield with these things.
Again your help from both of you is very appreciateive.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea mate. If it help it only has front and rear fog lights. There isn't any trip computer and still looking into it myself it has airbag which is also an factor

I have no idea mate. If it help it only has front and rear fog lights. There isn't any trip computer and still looking into it myself it has airbag which is also an factor
Without the VIN above list gives all the various options. With VIN ServiceBox should be able to retrieve actual options fitted to vehicle and give correct part numbers.

Part fitted seems to also have changed at certain periods during production life of vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Back