Peugeot 307 SW Rear Wiper Arm

J13

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rear wiper arm has developed uneven stroke, leaving a gap on one side and overlapping onto the metalwork on opposite side. Have removed nut from outside, but cannot get the wiper arm off to adjust. How can I remove the rear wiper arm and adjust ?

Sponsored Links
J13 - I'm afraid i cannot help you with your query but i've just logged on this morning to post a topic asking if anyone owns or has owned a 307 SW as we're thinking of buying one and wondered if i could see if i should buy or leave it on the forecourt?

Pull the arm away from the screen so that it's no longer under tension. With the nut removed, pull the arm off the splined shaft, but note the position so that you can reposition it by the amount you want to adjust it by.

You can buy wiper arm removal tools (miniature pullers) which work well for stubborn arms. Be careful about using screwdrivers to lever it off; slip and you could damage the paintwork.

Sponsored Links
Sone wiper arms are located by a taper instead of a spline.

When the retaining nut is loosened, the grip of the taper can be broken, and the arm repositioned wherever you like.

The dealer hadn't checked our Renault's rear wiper, which turned itself round and concentrated on wiping the rear number plate.

Slackening the nut, a judicious tap on the end of the shaft to break the grip of the taper, repositioning the arm and re-tightening the nut taught it better manners in less time than it's taken to write this.

Back