Peugeot 407 loose pipe - what is it???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 2002 407, there is pipe which takes air into the engine, its loose and the fixing that holds it in place is broken so I want to buy a new one. The pipe is open just in front of the battery, then snakes up around to the back/top of the engine.

The pipe is marked with red x's in the photo - what is it called - air intake??

Many thanks in advance,

Gav

Sponsored Links
What has actually happened , is it possible to repair it, or make one up, or a secondhand one from the breakers?

Peter

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your response s

Theres nothing actually wrong with it, there is a little nub which has worn away so where it connects it does not stay in place. It sits in the connector but pops out. Do you think I could fix this with duct tape? Does it get hot?

Thanks again

It doesn't get hot, and its not under pressure.....it shouldn't allow any air in though.
Time to get busy with cable ties and tape, maybe!
John :)

Its just basically an air duct to the air filter, its there to stop the engine sucking in warm engine bay air, not vital to the running of your engine but its nice to have it secure and not drawing in too much air :)

Thanks very much - I'll try to seal off with some duct tape and secure with cable ties (once the weather improves!)

thanks again

Sponsored Links
Back