Peugeot 5008 loosing power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ladies and gents

I've noticed over the last week that my 5008 seems to have lost acceleration, it drives, but is just sluggish. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that the turbo isn't working but you really need the codes read to find out why.

Peter

Yes, £20 should get to codes for you from your local small repair shop. Then, you can decide what to do.
Let us know what comes up on the laptop?

Sponsored Links
Is there any sign of unusual smoke at the exhaust, or a change in engine note at all?
(All these symptoms of engines going into limp mode tells me its time to pack it in :p )
John :)

There are no management lights coming on, the only thing we have noticed is that when we used to put the alarm on the side lights would flash, no longer, although it still locks.

Is there any sign of unusual smoke at the exhaust, or a change in engine note at all?
(All these symptoms of engines going into limp mode tells me its time to pack it in :p )

Well your a little ray of sunshine :p

The car is only two years old

Well mate its got a 3 year warranty so I'd be calling Monsieur Peugeot.....and it sound like your alarm isn't actually alarming. That bit I have found before :p
No management lamp means no fault codes really, but they will interrogate the computer and cancel any codes that may be there and then watch for them returning. If there's a turbo issue, they'll need to foot the bill.
Hope it goes well!

If its under warranty, book it in with the dealer and ask them to arrange a courtesy car for you. Just ensure they are covering the cost of everything

Got the car back today.

There is a recall on them to upgrade software and this apparently has sorted the problem. I havnt driven it yet.

They don't know why the lights don't come on when the alarm is put on and so are going to talk to Peugeot again and take the car back on Tuesday if nessaccary.

Sponsored Links
Back