Philco WM1000 trips RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Philco wm1000 that keeps triping the RCD (earth leakage breaker) i have had the machine apart and cant find any leak or damaged cable we have had this problem for a while it took a month or so just to trace the problem to the kitchen as it dosent happen every time we use the washer
i have a way of testing the washer with out it pluged in to the mains when it is in a fault condidtion there is a resistance between earth and neutral (~6 or 3 M Ohms depending on the polarity of the test leads ) but unpluging things at randame i havent bean able to find the fault. now however the dial seams to get stuck when the drum has water in and just and the machine just keeps running on the same section constantly as if wating for an ok from some other component i am a bit stuck at the minuit and cant aford a new one so any help would be greatly apresheated
my difficulty in finding this fault is that it only seams to trip the rcd just after the start of a wash after the drum has filled and at the minuit dosent advance to the stage where it trips

sorry if this read a bit confusing but trying to give as much info as possibale

i am a bit stuck at the minuit and cant aford a new one so any help would be greatly apresheated

Sponsored Links
there was a a light leek throught the electrical connections of the heater element that was causeing a slight short to earth on the nutral side
orderd a replacment eliment which should now fix the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back