Philippines disaster.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So what is the general consensus on here about the tornado disaster, I usually give a bit of my hard earned cash to animal charities, I feel if I donated to Africa it would just disappear with the countless billions already sent to that continent which I think is making matters worst, instead of feeding 5,000 like J.C. did on the mount, we've compounded the problem and now got 5,000,000 ish to feed.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
So what is the general consensus on here about the tornado disaster, I usually give a bit of my hard earned cash to animal charities, I feel if I donated to Africa it would just disappear with the countless billions already sent to that continent which I think is making matters worst, instead of feeding 5,000 like J.C. did on the mount, we've compounded the problem and now got 5,000,000 ish to feed.

Until African countries begin to practise birth control amongst their populations, I shall not contribute a penny (except, of course, for that proportion of my taxes that our wonderful government donates on my behalf).

I think what has happened in the Philippines is not your average day to day problem, they will get over it, so I did tx help to 70000. I dont think a fiver will break the bank.

Sponsored Links
As usual, Britain is first to give away OUR money. The government likes to pretend to the rest of the world that we are a rich country. Apparently, according to certain members, everyone hates us. But they soon take the dosh when it's offered.

I've got nothing against helping out but can we really afford it? China has only given $100.000.00 despite being the second largest economy.

There was a large sign painted on the ground of one village saying

PLEASE HELP US

In English of course. Why not in Chinese or Urdo (India obviously have a spare few zillion rupees if they can afford to send a rocket to Mars.

English is the language they speak (with a bit of a Yankee twist).

I haven't got a problem with us giving those poor fookers a few million they're desperate for help. I really mind us paying out millions to keep ungrateful fookers here on benefits while slagging us off.

As usual, Britain is first to give away OUR money. The government likes to pretend to the rest of the world that we are a rich country. Apparently, according to certain members, everyone hates us. But they soon take the dosh when it's offered.

No, I don't think everyone hates us.

Everyone laughs at us, though. :rolleyes:

English is the language they speak (with a bit of a Yankee twist).

Spot on, Joe. Also if you were watching an English language news channel , they probably wouldn't show any signs written in Chinese or Urdu :)

So do you reckon there was one written in Russian for Russian TV viewers?
Or German, or French, or Italian?

Sponsored Links
Back