philips tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive just aquired a philips 28 widescreen tv...

model 28pw6332/05,

its about 7 years, old black case and two seperate surround sound speakers...

but its got two faults.....

the on/off switch sticks in the on position. looked at the switch itself and its clean etc so where can i find/buy a replacement......

the picture has very fine lines on it that arc at the side )=( most noticable when in zoom/16-4 mode. it recently had a new tube put in and i,m told this tube just needs fine tuning. ie a simple screw driver adjustment inside the tv. but as always what and where.....

thanks in advance
cs

Sponsored Links
If you don't know what you are doing, dont mess about inside a tv. There is a lot of high voltage stuff in there, take it to your local repair shop. Better to be safe than sorry.

Agreed. The mains switch is a simple enough job to do if you know what you are doing. You can get them from www.cpc.co.uk but like nstreet says, if you are not 100% sure about what you are doing then refer it as TV's can store killer voltages for long periods of time. The CRT itself is like a 20'odd thousand volt capacitor, anyone who has discharged one before changing the line transformer will know what I mean.

Not sure about the line problem, but the bending picure sounds like maladjusted scan coils if it was ok before the tube was replaced.

Just noticed where you are too. You should have aquired a Panasonic as their factory is just down the road from you.

muffking, please note 10a

I agree with what has been previously said. However, if you regard yourself as competent, then you can get service manuals from here.

Sponsored Links
Igorian said:
I agree with what has been previously said. However, if you regard yourself as competent, then you can get service manuals from here.

everyone regards themselves as competant, untill it goes wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back