Pictures in Word Documents

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have some documents where I pasted in a logo. I want to use the logo as a picture (pref as a .jpg) but I can't rememer how to do it. IIRC once I have saved the picture like "clip art" I can add it to future docs or do what I want with it.

If I right-click on the logo in Word, I get cut/copy/paste//edit picture and a picture Toolbar but nothing like "save as"

It is actually in Word 97 on my home PC but I created this doc in a more up-to-date version at work (not there any more) although I have been using this method successfully in various versions of Word.

Sponsored Links
surely if its saved as clipart then you cant save as?

but nothing stoping you pasting it somewhere else

i just tried it, i can save it on the desktop (but i didnt) (select pate then it asks you to save it)

Don't think I understand. I just tried copying the logo and pasting to the desktop, it saved as "scrap" but it was a word document containing my logo, not a picture file :(

In MSWord, if you open the picture toolbar, it has an "Insert picture" option. It starts by offering you the "clipart" folder for you to take a pic from, but you can roam around your directories and take a pic from anywhere else you like. So, if i could save my logo in clipart (or anywhere else) i could insert it into other MS docs, or print or edit it as a picture... that's what i'm after :( but can't see how to do it.

i figured that is what you meant you can do it as i said.

hang on i will type word for word how

right click on pic>left click on pic>(copy)minimise window>destop>rightclick (on desktop)>paste>box appears, "in order to add this item to your active desktop, you need to save a copyof the picture do you want to continue Y/N" >save

job done

Sponsored Links
...rightclick (on desktop)>paste

on mine (XP) it just creates a thing on the desktop called "scrap" which is a word doc containing my logo :cry:

In Properties, it says "type of file: Scrap object"

can I mail you the doc so you can see if it's the doc or something about my system?

If you edit the picture, does the application it opens in allow you to save it?

In Picture Edit, I get "save copy as" but it only offers Word Doc, text, MS-DOS text things.

Thanks!

That .gif does the trick. How did you do it? Was it just what you described? :confused:

p.s. better keep the guilty secret of my mis-spent past ;)

no problem.

yes i just did as i said, but started with the document you sent me (pinched it from there)

and no, i will not say what the logo was.

i have deleted it now anyway

Sponsored Links
Back