Pipe sizes for Gravity fed shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping not to need a pump as I have a 3.8m head.

I need to run a cold gravity feed, and a more direct hot feed to my new mixer shower I will purchase.

I've not chosen the valve yet but keen to get the pipes laid.

I will have to run a new cold feed from the header tank.

The hot I will tap into the existing 22mm that feeds the rest of the house. I will tap this before another draw on the water, so right next to the tank.

Is it worth running both 22mm/both 15mm or hot 22mm and cold 15mm?
Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
In your situation i would always run 22mm right up to reducing down to 15mm at the mixer.

Excellent easy peasy..

So I just put the new cold feed (reason for this is the only cold feed in the house is mains pressure) further down the header tank than the feed to the hot water tank?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes the cold feed should be lower than the cold feed to cylinder on the storage cistern.

Yes the cold feed should be lower than the cold feed to cylinder on the storage cistern.
Thanks seco, that makes sense since the op needs to ensure that the hot water to the shower will always run out prior to the cold to avoid scalding.

Not sure what the reference to the mains cold was all about :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back