Pitch fibre waste pipes, another 60's timebomb

hi1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The story is, going to have concrete imprinted patio instead of current wobbly slabs. From previous drain blocking experiences I believed that the pipe serving the kitchen waste is 100mm fibre pitch. From what I can see in the inspection chamber the internal surface of which is bubbling and delaminating. Last time I power washed the blockage, which seems to occur at the hopper end, soil also came out with the water. In view of the impending patio refurbishment, vibrator etc, I thought I should replace this section of pipe, 4.5 meters, before it was buried under new concrete. Imagine my delight to find that the current patio is laid on concrete slabs, like paving slabs but formed in situ. Imagine my greater delight that the fibre pitch pipe is directly under these slabs, touching in fact as the impact chisel went straight through it. I've followed the pitch pipe which lies virtually under the surface but in the last meter is gaining some depth as it heads for the inspection chamber.
Sorry for the picture setting ramble and I now have 2 questions
1. If I replace with plastic will this have to go in at 700mm, the joint at the new hopper comes out at 90 degrees so how do I make the plunge to 700mm from the hopper.
2. The current hopper services the kitchen sink and dishwasher. All the pipe under the sink and leading to the hopper is in 40mm abs. Is there any reason, regs not withstanding, with the suitable siting of rodding eyes why I shouldn't run a 4.5 meter length along the outside of the house under door steps etc and the take it into the inspection chamber through the side wall. Would the sink trap be up to gas back flow prevention.

Sponsored Links
A drawing and crossection speaks a thousand words!

Normally a UPVC drainage pipe needs a cover of soft fill material about a minimum of 300 mm.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back