Plaster cracks in corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi gents,

I've left the downstairs of my house for 4 weeks now following the building work and extension. Most of downstairs was dot and dabbed out and skimmed. Although I think I expected it to occur, there is quite a lot of cracking in the corners where walls meet ceilings etc. I know it's common to run decorators caulk along corners, but a feel that some of these cracks are a little large. Is it acceptable to cut these out with a Stanley knife and use a flexible polyfilla to fill? I'd feel better then running a thin line of caulk.

Cheers

Mac

Sponsored Links
Hi Woody,

I can only hope so, but without cutting in to investigate, I don't know for sure. We used the opportunity of being away for 3 weeks over xmas to get the place skimmed. I'll give them benefit of the doubt and assume it was :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back