Plaster problem

Sponsored Links
heres a little link to help you make your mind up

Interesting; several seem to favour 50/50 & others with me at 70/30; a few years ago I got ridiculed on here for suggesting thinning it so much with the comment that 10% was more than enough :cry: ; you can see similar recommendations on our own Decs forum but I’ve always stuck to my guns. TBH, it’s likely to work just as well as long as you don’t go much below 25%.

Sponsored Links
nice to see you back rich

Hi JR, never really been away but I do seem to spend most of my time posting the Building or Tiling Forums these days. As Roy said on your “what’s happened to everyone” thread, I think the newer contributors mostly seem to have taken over the reigns; RC also posted a thread which echoed some of my thoughts on the Forum recently but it seems to have disappeared, deleted by Mods possibly :confused:

I usually still post any that involve tiling or stove installation or when what’s been posted is poor advice or just plain wrong. ;)

hi all

well, glad to say I've got over the ceiling issue - it's now looking perfect with no orange peel effect, patching or roller marks!

Mist coated plaster with 50/50 mist coat x2, then 40/60 coat then 20/80 coat. Hopefully I can save some people alot of probs with this post.

Not sure if it was my lack of expertise using trade paint, or if it was just Wickes paint that was crap, but I definately noticed a difference using crown paint.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back