Plasterboard peel

jar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of stripping a plasterboard wall with a view to painting.

In a couple of places the top coating of the platerboard has stripped off as well - it's the paper-like stuff on the top. Don't know if it is actually paper or not ??

Don't think it's anything wrong with the wall - just a bit over keen with the scraper a couple of times. Yes, I know - more haste, less speed !!

The surface is still pretty smooth at these parts - it's not gouged out the wall or anything, just peeled the top layer off.

Is there something I should put on these areas before painting - i.e. some kind of sealant or coating - or should the paint be OK ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
mmm plaster board; and u want to emulsion it?
well ideally a skim of plaster is the trick n then seal n paint

or its less money but more time n experience needed;
u need to tape n fill joints between plaster boards if there r any, fill the bullet holes, hehehe, line n paint

simple m8 , if u dont know what tape n fillin is , it aint 4 u ,srry but its a skill, i d stick with bodgin the wall with 'easy fill' n then lining it n paintin.
both will work.

Slight correction

I don't think it's plasterboard after all. What other materials are wall boards made from - could it be gypsum or is that the same as plasterboard ? It's a 10 year old house so it's not that old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back