plasterboard side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive plasterboarded all my house ceilings with the grey side showing. i was told by a plasterer who came round to give me a quote, that the white side should have been showing.
is this a mistake or much of a issue, and would it make a difference when skimmed??

also it didnt say on the board wot side to use... manufacturer is GTEC

Sponsored Links
they will skim up ok.

a lot of board manufacturers print "plaster other side only" on the grey side.

cheers for the reply. ive noticed that in certain places in the join corners the paper has teared back. should i apply unibond on the ceilings??

Unless you’re attempting to skim it yourself, it’s best not to do any of the prep. work unless your plasterer is happy for you to do so & then do exactly as they say. Many prefer to do everything themselves as this means they control it & be sure it’s been done properly.

Sponsored Links
As I;ve said to you before on some of your other post that you don't seem to read !!! get rid of that plasterer!!!!! And read your old posts!!!!

As I;ve said to you before on some of your other post that you don't seem to read !!! get rid of that plasterer!!!!! And read your old posts!!!!
I’ve have noticed other similar comments for this OP! I don’t always fully read posts I think are suitable covered by other respected contributors; am I missing something here? Should I be paying more attention? :rolleyes:

I'm not gettin' at you richard, but this vik2001 keeps askin' the same questions. They get answered but he does'nt seem to read the posts and asks them again. Maybe it's me gettin narky ,must be the lack of sun we are not havin' :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back