Plastic cladded ceilings and downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased plastic cladding to install a new suspended ceiling in a bathroom but I need to make sure that low voltage downlighters will not be too hot for the material. The cladding is sold as ceiling panels but I would like to know if anyone else has installed downlighters in plastic without any problems.

Sponsored Links
Yup - installed some around a swimming pool last year. Contacted the manufacturer (JCC) to ensure they would be ok. Still working fine...

On another note, I installed some weather resistant JBL speakers connected to the central music system in a pool, these are great, but customer now wants a huge TV screen, only way I can see would be to use a projection type TV, and mount the projector behind a glass panel - but condensation etc would inhibit that. Anyone any ideas??

Sponsored Links
lec, you can get perspex boxs, could you not get one and mount all the gear inside, including an lcd/plasma tv, and seal box arround tv to the wall?

they are lockable aswell so outside zones

im not sure if the ones i have seen are specialy made, wouldent be hard to do, sheet of 6mm perspex, tube of clear sealent a barrel lock and some angle brackets. or could use 15 by 15 or similar perspex block?....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back