Plastic feet for DIY patio table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm making a patio table from softwood. It's a farmhouse style design, so the legs have their end grain touching the patio.
While I've left them standing in wood preserver to suck up as much as they'll take, I also want to attach plastic feet to the bottom to really keep the end grain away from the wet patio when it rains.

I'm actually struggling to find the sort of thing I'm after though. I'm thinking a plastic pad of similar dimensions to the leg cross section, maybe 10mm deep.

Anyone know if that's a thing and what they'd be called so I can search them, or have any examples you can give?

Thanks!
Rob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If the size of your table leg is available, then these are easy to fit.

Rubber Ferrules
Thanks for the suggestion!
I did initially think of these but then it was pointed out to me that even if they fitted very well, water might still get inside and then sit inside the ferrule, causing the opposite of what I want to happen haha.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back