Plastic supplementary bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, checked out the www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/EarthingPlasticPipes.pdf. Slightly, no very, confused by the reference on page 2 that if electric equipment (a shower in my case) is fitted then it will be required to be supplementary bonded as usual.

My electric shower is over a bath with its water supply via plastic pipes. As are all the bathroom utilities. The power supply is as per regs back to the main board via a pull switch in zone 3. How do i supplementary bond the electric shower? The nearest supplementary bond is in an ensuite in another room (approx 3 metres away).

Sponsored Links
from the IEE on site guide, it should be bonded to other items with an earth. i.e light, shaver socket etc

Many thanks. Just so I understand, I should run an extra earth cable from the electric shower earth to the nearest and available light swich or shaver socket.

Sponsored Links
riveralt said:
Many thanks. Just so I understand, I should run an extra earth cable from the electric shower earth to the nearest and available light swich or shaver socket.

yes. should be 4mm unless mechanically protected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back