please help.... Argghhhh my hands !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to get expanding foam stuff on my hand and then rubbed it onto my other hand too. Now both palms of my hands have got this thin layer of glue which is stuck like poo to a blanket. I have tried cellulose thinners. nail varnish remover and even sat there for hours trying to peel off tiny minute flakes.
I cant feel anything, my hands feel like glass paper and worse still i need my hands !!!

Can anyone please recommend something that will get this stuff off

Thanks

Sponsored Links
...........and then it turns black.

i have had the missfortune of getting expanding foam on my hands, only solution i ever found was time

Agree with Breezer, just live with it for a couple of days, it's not that bad. You're probably doing more damage to your hands with those other substances mentioned.

cheers ppl, ive been keeping my hands in a lot of water today and it seems to be better than before.

Sponsored Links
Mo-S3 said:
cheers ppl, ive been keeping my hands in a lot of water today and it seems to be better than before.

Did they float? :p :p

Unbelievable unshiftable sticky stuff on the hands? Happens to us all:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12262&highlight=fernox+lsx

:LOL:

Perhaps we should all invest in big boxes of disposable latex gloves to stop getting nasty stuff on our hands? They're also great for blowing up, as well as making hilarious implications of proctology by snapping them onto your hands. :LOL:

Mix a bit of olive oil with salt and rub your hands as though you are washing them. The salt will act as an exfoliant and scrub the glue off

I dont think there is a solvent for Polyurethane foam, from my days on development, but the best chemical was very bad for the skin, luckily cant remember what its called...It will wear off in time...But lesson learnt no doubt.

VERITY said:
Mix a bit of olive oil with salt and rub your hands as though you are washing them. The salt will act as an exfoliant and scrub the glue off

I was brought up with the washing-up liquid and sugar method, but I will try your olive oil and salt next time I need to get stuff off my hands... will be interesting to see how it compares when cleaning oil-based stuff off (will an oil dissolve another oil better than a detergent will emulsify it?

But thank goodness for skin-shedding: if you were a reptile, you would be stuck with that foam on you for a year or so!

Hate the B***** stuff, first time i used it, i resorted to shaving my fingers with a stanley blade....dodgy. Now use latex gloves....one way to claw back some of those NI contributions....lol....kind NHS nurses.

I find its harder to get off your nails then the skin....

I have done the same thing...used the foamy stuff...prodded it in with my fingers....then stuck my hands under the tape....BAD IDEA!

It will only take about three weeks....dont panic!

Lol,maybe thats the reason they give you a pair of cheap gloves in the lid,especially so you can split them and get caked up to the nines in the stuff.........been there done it too if it helps :oops: !!!!

Stu

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back