Please Help No heating upstairs!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
I have been on a Job what is a loft conversion. There has been a new worcster combi Boiler installed down stairs all works fine. Upstairs has been converted into 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. I have installed the Radiators one in each room and connected to the flow and return ( I believe thats what they are one as RAD and the other has Boiler Now written on them) They fill up ok from the heating loop but they will not heat up. Down stairs are all ok but no heat upstairs. The flow and return come out the boiler and t off down to go under the floor to do down stairs (under the concerte floor and the other goes up into the old loft new upstairs rooms. The pipes going up dont seams to get very warm up the part going down is red hot.
I have shut off the down stairs lockshields and that did not make any difference upstairs. can some please help me can this boiler do 2 floors or is there a gravity or pump switch.

Thanks
Steve :oops:

Sponsored Links
are the new rad valves open? are you getting paid for this work - I can't believe a plumber/heating engineer would not be sure if they had connected to the flow and return.

Yes New Rad Valves are open.

As for not knowing if I connected to the flow and return of coarse I do It was just a bit of a joke. I took the job on after the floor was put down and these 2 pipes were looped togeather, I have traced them back and they are the feed and return pipes. Have turned off all down stairs lock shield to try and balance the rad up and down but with then shut down did not heat up.

Steve :D

Sponsored Links
Maybe there is a hidden check valve on an existing pipe under the floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back