Please help source replacement hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The concealed hinge on one of our cabinets gave way recently, and I'm struggling to find a direct replacement. I am attaching some snaps to show the type. When in the closed position, the hinge is in a 180 degree configuration, i.e. fixed to the cabinet on the back of its front face, and fixed to the door on the back of the front face of the door. The ones you usually see in kitchen cabinets have the hinge in a 90 degree configuration when in the closed position. The final snap below shows a working hinge in the open position.

Any ideas? And yes, I have contacted the place I bought this from; they say the design has changed since my purchase, and the hinges are now different.

Thanks,

Mike

Sponsored Links
Static";p="1721955 said:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9370630&fh_view_size=50&fh_start_index=50&fh_location=%2F%2Fcatalog01%2Fen_GB&fh_search=hinge&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts=1249186315636&isSearch=true

They are standard hinges :?:
You could put a timber in the corner to allow fixing of standard hinges?

OK so these hinges really are pretty unusual? As you say, altering the cabinet to take standard hinges might be the only option?

Mike

Sponsored Links
OMG -- that looks like it! Is it normal for these sites not to state dimensions for their products? Difficult to tell exactly what size the cutout is, but I'll do some more research...

Thanks!

Mike

Shame. Looks like these have 35mm diameter cutouts. Typically, the hinge I am trying to replace has 25mm diameter cutouts. :(

Mike

Thanks, all. It is a 25mm cup that I was after. In the end I got some Hettich "Perfekt 5224 W90" hinges from www.scfhardware.com. They're a pretty good match to the ones I was replacing. Only one needed replacing, but I figured I would need at least a pair, in case the match wasn't perfect. Sure enough, I have replaced the pair on the door concerned, and it is hanging perfectly now. Luckily the holes were in the same place in the new hinge part, though too small. I could have widened the hole on the hing, but instead just used smaller screws and instead plugged the holes in the furniture a bit. With a bit of adjustment, it looks good.

Thanks again.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back