PLEASE HELP WE ARE FREEZING

jue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a problem with my Baxi solo 2 pf 40 boile.Please myself and my children are freezing, I cant afford to call anyone out today. The boiler light is on but the pilot wont light. It was fine when I went to bed last night but not this morning. I have tried everything but still no success please can you help me. The boiler light is on it sounds like it starts but the pilot wont light. I have cleaned it all but still nothing.Might it be a fuse? Where is the fuses? Sorry if im sounding stupid but I have never had to look at it before. What a day for it to go wrong.

Sponsored Links
have you reset the boiler, turn boiler stat to off for 5secs then back on.

If the power light is on then it sounds internal to the boiler. As you do not mention any other lights coming on my first thought would be to check the fan has 240V to it, if you feel safe to check mains voltages.

Unfortunately though I do not think it is something that will be fixed today :oops:

Hi thanks for replying my dad who used to be an electrical engineer, has just looked at the boiler and has lit it and got it going manually however the pilot is not being lit by the spark? any ideas. Will be ok until the boiler turns itself off. There is no spark?

Sponsored Links
what is an rgi? how can someone like me mend it? thanks v much

what is an rgi?
An RGI is commonly known as a CORGI engineer.

how can someone like me mend it?
I don't think it would be safe for you to attempt to mend it. It involves working on the gas components, and without the knowledge or equipment to test that it's all safe when you've finished, it would be unwise to even touch it.

Sorry.

I always worry about calling people out as they see a vulnerable woman and charge the earth! would you know whom I could call out in north norfolk, what would be the average call out charge. Promise I wont bother you again and thankyou so much for your help.

jue, you'd be better off ringing around friends and neighbours to see if they recommend someone trustworthy.

Callouts can be pretty much anything, and bank holidays are a minefield. I'd expect you to be parting with at least £60 just to get someone through the door, but that ought to include some labour.

Can you not hold off until tomorrow morning and avoid any BH surcharge? Do you have an immersion heater for the water and an electric can heater or two for the rooms?

Hi thanks yes I certainly will wait till tomorrow, the boiler was lit manually so will be ok until it reaches the set temp then turns off. I really dont know who to call tomorrow though? Will have to look in the phone book. Thanks very much.

I always worry about calling people out as they see a vulnerable woman and charge the earth!

Jue, that's why Softus suggested calling friends or neighbours for a recommendation. Far better than risking the phone book TBH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back