PLEASE help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to install a shower over bath. Have been advised that boiler is prob too old for pump. The hot water tank and feeder tank are in airing cupboard in bathroom. Central heating header tank is in loft. Mains water pressure is not great. What are my options for a nice powerful shower?

Would it help to add a water tank in the loft?

Thank you :D

Sponsored Links
Is what you call the feeder tank in the cupboard a cold water storage tank? (open top and fed thru a ballcock). If so, moving this to the loft will improve the flow to your hot taps in bathroom and kitchen and the cold taps in b'room if they are not mains fed.

Are you looking at a separate plumbed in shower or one that is linked in to the bath taps? Are you looking for a power shower or just a shower that is not a trickle?

I think the tank is supplying the cold water as well as feeding hot tank but it is boxed in so not very easy to see. Would it be a big job to put a new bigger one in the loft?

I'd prefer a power shower if possible.

Thanks for helping

hello charm u need a independant cold feed from your tank and a independant hot supply from your hot water cylinder to a powershower pump a then to your shower via a mixing valve.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back