plumbing help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im new to the forum & i have to say what a great help it must be for everyone to ask questions & put problems to profesional tradesmen, keep up the good work, got a feeling i will be using this site for help quite a bit in the coming months...

i live in plymouth & have just bought an house that needs t.l.c i can do most things but working with water & or electric scares the s**t out of me!!, however the electrics are fine in the house but the plumbing well thats another story, the bathroom is downstairs & needs moving upstairs, easy you may say but not for me my confidence levels are at an all time low!, i cannot afford to pay the going rate for a plumber hence this message, is there anybody in the plymouth area retired or seme retired or maybe an apprentice looking to practice his new skills for some extra cash, i will of course be there to help with any labouring!.
ANY TAKERS??

Sponsored Links
Oh noes! The problem here is what sort of standard of work does this apprentice have to achieve :D

I hate going to look at a job where the first thing the customer says upon entering the property is "we havent got much money at the moment"

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replies, not!, come on guys its got to worth an ask you never know, so long as its a tidy job & NO leaks il be happy, come on dont you just want to jump in your car & come down to sunny plymouth??

I can see you posting in the Building forum soon when you decide to have an extension done to give the builders a bit of experience! :LOL:

Apparently you do not realise that this is notifiable work concerning several apd’s, at the very least concerning water, waste, electricity and probably structural.
Bath plus contents plus tiles etc can easily add half a ton to your floor. Some creative notching and drilling can easily reduce the strength of your joists by 40%, if not more.
People like you are happy to turn a house into a deathtrap to be able to live beyond their means. Not a buy to let by any chance would it?

no not buy yo let!, checks joists & all strong & in good nick, will spread weight with boarding just in case, should be well strong enough.

not looking to do a bodge job just got a lot to do & need to watch the pennies!!

no not buy yo let!, checks joists & all strong & in good nick, will spread weight with boarding just in case, should be well strong enough.

building control will be the judge of that.

how are you going to make sure it is safe electricaly?

the wiring has already been removed by previous owner, & he also fitted new light which have been passed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back