Plumbing in new appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, will try to decribe this as best as I can.

I am fitting our new kitchen next week and I am fitting a dishwasher, tumble drier, and washing machine to the same wall all next to each other. Looking at the wall the appliances will go as follows from the left hand corner; dish washer, washer, tumble drier. There will then be the sink with a unit followed by a corner unit. the main water pipe comes up below the sink. getting water to the appliances is straight forward however getting the waste water back has got me stumped.

The waste pipe has to exit under the sink as there is an extension meaning I can't go out behind the appliances.

So any ideas on how to do this please?

Sponsored Links
Switch the dryer so the dishwasher and wm are next in line to the sink.

Run all the hoses and drain pipework up through a hole in the base of the sink unit. Use a sink trap with 2 waste hose connections. Tee off the hot/cold pipework under the sink so the 3/4 valves face downwards to connect onto the hoses. This way they don't kink/leak and the appliances can go right back against the wall.

If necessary extend the hoses (including the waste), extensions/couplings are available at merchants. Make sure you loop up the waste hoses (tie up with string) in the sink unit so the sink water doesn't get back into either machine.

Cheers for the advice. Just one more question, the tumble drier needs to be vented hence why I put it last in the row so I could go straight through the wall. By putting it first do you think I will have any problems routing a vent house behind the appliances?

You will need to check the space required for your TD vent, the depth of your units/worktop and the depths of your appliances.

It is sometimes possible to use rectangular duct (6"X 2" IIRC) for the TD vent.

To overcome a similar problem I fitted an extension hose on our DW outlet. No problems so far....

Sponsored Links
Depends what's on the other side of the wall. Otherwise don't worry, you can normally extend wm or dishwasher hoses by a few meters without any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back