plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need help new to the plumbing game my central heating system is a potterton puma one radiator is,nt working both inlet and outlet pipes cold took the radiator off to check the flow plenty of water coming out of the inlet very little out of the outlet could there be a blockage in the outlet pipe if so how do I drain the system if need be or can I put an isolating valve on the outlet pipe so I can work on the blockage trouble is I can,nt seem to get hold of a 10mm vale appreciate any advice.

regards Denis :(

Sponsored Links
Usual thing is to turn off all other radiators so all the pressure goes to the problem radiator. This will overcome any small sludge blockage or air lock. I assume you've checked the radiator - wash it out in the garden.

Sponsored Links
The blockage is most likely to be at the start of the 10mm flow pipe - where it's fed from a larger pipe. Debris in the larger pipe can't get into the 10mm but pushes up against the mouth of the smaller pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back