plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am changing a plumbing system into an extension , and wish to attach an in line stop cock of some sort to the hot and cold copper pipes running into it ,without having to cut off the water in both pipes.is there any product that will turn the water off and on that i can fix to the pipes, without using the mains stop cock and draining down etc. :

Sponsored Links
Yes, but not that's worth using!
WHy not just turn the water off while you fit your isolators.
You could freeze the pipes of course.

I was going to say freeze, or even lazier self cutting isolators :LOL:

Yes you could use a live tapping machine, hire one from Pipeline center.

Sponsored Links
I was going to say freeze, or even lazier self cutting isolators :LOL:

No such thing that I know of

if you find them let me know it would save me HOURS on some jobs

:)

There sure is :rolleyes: Don't know how small they go down to mind.

I know big stuff has the like DIA I have seen them, never had any dealings with them though

But it would take one hell of an engineer to fabricate one for 15, 22 or even 28mm Dia pipe

Have a little look on BES only 15mm though, i've never used them not keen on the self cutting stuff but i have a couple for those special ocasions.

http://www.bes.co.uk/ PN 17035

those are self cutting Taps not self cutting isolators

no good for what tom wants

he seems to want to be able to cut in a stop cock to isolate a feed to his extension, not plumb in a washing machine

either im been really dim :confused: but isn't part no 8769 a self cutting tap

where as part number 17035 is a self cutting isolating valve, thats exactly what the description calls it anyway, and they look like iso's to me ;)

But as you said Tom wants a stopcock not iso's but i was just putting up options. ;)

No its me being dim
you are quite right it is a self cutting isolator rather than a tap, but it would be just as usefull to the OP

Nope cos it is still on a tee

it were an "in line" on an existing piece of pipe I was suggesting.

not a self cutter with a balofix on the end of it, would use one of them for a branch unless it was to a teeny weeny basin because to the tiny apature created by the cutter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back