Poignant reminder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought telling my only son that he had a sister..... that sadly died....
before he was born....was f**kin hard for me.(and consequently him)

But for any DAD thats interested....
Have a listen to this.....
Close your eyes and just listen..........

Hauntingly beautiful ....or is it just me....??????????????http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dqVDQ-lF4Q

Sponsored Links
Just you I am afraid.

But you do have my simpathy at having to come to terms with such a loss. Must have been hard telling a son that he lost a brother.

Must have been hard telling a son that he lost a brother.

Read again carefully John, he lost a sister.

LMB, for someone in your situation I can understand why you like this version.
Sorry to hear about your loss, I can't imagine how devastating it must be.

I'm just flying through here gents but had to take a minute to echo what has been said by John and conny to you LastMagicBean. No parent should EVER have to go through what you must have gone through. Nothing I or anyone else here says will make a difference really. You're a bigger man than I am. I'd never have made it through if it happened to me. You must have a wonderfully supportive family. Stay strong mate. Best wishes to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year ahead.

Good Night.

Sponsored Links
My apologies....
My intention regarding the thread was certainly not meant as anything other than your view on the song....(Sad stories are not what im about )

A momentary lapse in my emotional judgement... :cry:
The really sad part is.........this song made me realise how much I missed her.

but to conny blas and john.......Im speachless..all I can say is Thankyou.

A good song ruined if you ask me.
She sounds like she's been woken up at 3.34am and recorded the vocal track at 3:38am still half asleep.
The song was written by Axl Rose about his wife, so it was never actually about a child, but I can see how it would resonate in a parents eyes (ears?).

LMB, sorry for your loss.

the problem here is that we're all different... some people like The Carpenters, some like Elvis, some like UB40, or Queen... if you just want opinion on a song, best not add a (truly tragic) sad story - in my opinion!

the problem here is that we're all different... some people like The Carpenters, some like Elvis, some like UB40, or Queen... if you just want opinion on a song, best not add a (truly tragic) sad story - in my opinion!

Diversity of posts and posters is what keeps forums alive........
I shared a sad part of my life......for which, ive already apologised.....
Not normally my style.......

So youve posted to slag me....and not even commented on the song........
Sadder man than me at the moment.......... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back