Police Raid My Local Tesco Express...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm.

Went to my local TE tonight (hate them, but needed diesel & milk. A strange combo, you might add, but you get used to it....

Anyway...

While I was in the store, there were lots of rowdy louts. Next minute, a VERY loud voice: "This is the Police! Everybody stop what you're doing!"

They asked everybody for ID, which I thought hilarious, as I was only buying milk!

The girl on the till looked very guilty, because she was about to take money from a very dubious youth buying beer.

Another guy dumped his beer, and screeched off. The copper just radioed for someone to stop him.

When I returned to the village, a white Mariah in front of me slewed to a halt in the middle of the road (on a pelican!) outside the TE and leapt out to chase some scrote.

I never knew there was so much fun to be had in Bramhall!!

Seriously, though, I wonder why this intensive scrote-bashing happens here? If it were (for eg) Levenshulme or Gorton, or any other average inner city area, I can't see the police mounting similar operations.

Perhaps there are some senior retired coppers living in my village.

Or maybe money talks....

Sponsored Links
boy or boy your lucky were you are then,The cops round here would'nt turn out for that..and if it was between 8pm and 9pm you might aswell whistle,Because they'de be watching the "BILL" on the box.:cool:

You should have offered them a map and asked if they were lost

Sponsored Links
www.customerssuck.com/board

^^see that forum for American tales of police involvement in shops. It seems they can phone their "local cop" and ask him to drive by the store if they think theres going to be trouble or shoplifters, or phone the local station and get a cruiser to drive by.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php?showtopic=172 there in particular

I posted on there yesterday telling them how good they have it there, explaining that we have to phone the regional call centre, get put on hold, and report that a crime has JUST happened, to be told there will be an officer there later that day :eek:

Another thing i noticed is a lot of the people who post there say their store doesn't have CCTV. I was like :eek: :eek: but then i realised, the only reason we have CCTV is for evidence gathering for when the police eventually turn up. With the instant police response in the States, they dont need CCTV, as the police often get there within 2 minutes :(

What do we pay taxes for? :cry:

(hope mods dont mind those links, it has nothing to do with DIY and is not a competitor to this forum)

Of course, if you were a Scouse warbler, legions of law-men would leg it into action upon your call ...
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=X33VZM4LBQLYDQFIQMGCFF4AVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2006/06/03/ncilla03.xml]Telegraph ..[/url] said:
.....A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: "Police were called out yesterday morning to an address in Denham after reports of trees which currently have preservation orders on them being cut down and that the individuals operating on the trees when confronted were aggressive.
"Police officers attended the scene to ensure there was no breach of the peace while appropriate officers from the council made their way to the location...."

I guess the next escalation could have been the reporting of 'Guns being waved.." .. But they would be easier to find than a passing aggressive stance..
Mind you, reporting the vandals were 'Waving their choppers' could have been interesting.

:eek:

you get your level of service appropriate to the money you pay and to the idiot politicians who get voted in and ruin systems that did work, by making them more efficent according to the accountants middle management and number crunchers

Thermo said:
you get your level of service appropriate to the money you pay and to the idiot politicians who get voted in and ruin systems that did work, by making them more efficent according to the accountants middle management and number crunchers

ohhhhh ohhh bitchy
;)

Sponsored Links
Back