Pope Not Right Happy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pope deplores 'sex abuse' raids by Belgian police

Not right happy that they may (or more likely, WILL) discover more paedophile revelations about his dodgey priests.

Any found guilty should get 'life' for their evil tricks and hiding behind their religion.
And those that knew about it (like the complainant in the Vatican) and tried to hide it should join them in prison, irrespective of what position they hold in their church.

dave the atheist.

Sponsored Links
Am I misreading the article or something?

The way it's coming across to me is that the pope is angry about the raids, not angry at the possibility that some of his clergy/staff have been involved in abuse :confused:

The trouble is that the church (and indeed the pope himself) have an unconvincing past when it comes to dealing with these situations.

Am I misreading the article or something?

The way it's coming across to me is that the pope is angry about the raids, not angry at the possibility that some of his clergy/staff have been involved in abuse :confused:

The trouble is that the church (and indeed the pope himself) have an unconvincing past when it comes to dealing with these situations.

"Angry about the raids". What did he expect, for the police to knock on the door and ask if the church can handover any evidence they have.
Anyone suspected of serious crimes like this, or drugs, can expect the front door to be kicked in any time. There is no politically/religiously correct way of doing it.

Sponsored Links
I understand that the vatican has it's own investigative procedures, which these raids circumnavigated. Problem is, the vatican has failed to tidy up its shop and offer miscreants for prosecution so many times in the past that they have no credibility left.

The pope should know this, especially after the recent revelations of his own handling of affairs in ireland.

the vatican has it's own investigative procedures, which these raids circumnavigated
JML,
Religion is simly a belief in one fairy tale or another. I may believe in Micky Mouse but that does not mean that only Walt Disney can investigate any criminal action that I may have undertaken.
The law of the land prevails and no-one, not even fairy story tellers are exempt it on the grounds of their beliefs.

The pope is the head of a massive organisation and, as such, should take responsibility for any law breaking activities that his employees are doing under the name of the organisation. When it has been proved that he knows of some of these criminal actions, for him to try and hide them to save face, is as bad as actually commiting the crimes himself.

I heard they show you " The golden mosaic floor Tile " -

Should this be in the tiling forum :idea: . - I was helping the Vicar one Sunday, and I saw something moving about under the grating in the floor where the Victorian heating pipes were .

Later I became a Plumber ;)

Pope not Right Happy - He`ll be even less happy when he`s " Called Home " and finds all the C.of E . Vicars with their wives up there :LOL:

The Pope, should not deplore any investigation into child abuse. The moment he does, he leaves himself and the Catholic Church open to allegations of a cover up by the same. He should welcome investigations in to child abuse by members of his religion and promise to do all that he can to help such investigations. This could only help the church. He risks being tarred with the same brush if he doesn't cooperate with police on this matter.

Sponsored Links
Back